At Oasis Plants we are able to offer both options. The choice of whether to go with Live or Artificial plants will be dependent on a number of factors.
- maintenance of plants
- How accessible are they?
- The impact you want them to have – is this purely aesthetic or is well-being a factor?
- Environmental impact
- The light levels in your workspace
Installing artificial plants can come with a number of benefits.
- Replica or artificial plants are unaffected by their surroundings, so your planting choices can be purely aesthetically driven. For example, we don’t have to take into account the light levels of your workspace. We can also place plants together that, if live, wouldn’t be suitable in the same pot or trough, as they would require different watering levels for example.
- Replica plants are sometimes the best option if you are wanting to install a display that would be very difficult to maintain (maybe it’s too close to an electricity source, or is out of reach and inaccessible/too high etc?)
- Once installed, the plants are good to go and require no maintenance, other than maybe the occasional dusting.
Obviously when installing artificial or replica plants you are missing out on all the inherent benefits of live planting.
Though artificial planting will aesthetically enhance an area and potentially boost office morale, they will not remove toxins from the air, improve humidity and oxygen levels, all of which leads to a cleaner, healthier and more productive workspace.
- Artificial plants are non-biodegradable and bad for the environment
- Unless the plants are fire-rated they can be hazardous as they are more flammable than the live alternative.
- The initial costs will also be more expensive than live planting.
Conversely, Live planting has the following benefits to our well-being;
Through the natural process of photosynthesis, plants filter the air and absorb toxins, whilst simultaneously increasing the oxygen levels in your workspace.
- It is this process that improves air purity and air quality and leads to
- improved creativity and productivity of your workforce,
- as well as reduced absenteeism.
The human response to biophilic design is a boost to mood and a reduction in stress levels
Studies have shown that office planting is not only visually appealing, but also physically and mentally beneficial, people prefer to occupy rooms that contain plants and greenery.
Unlike the artificial alternative, live planting is the environmentally friendly choice.
The one draw back of live planting is the maintenance required. However, this is something Oasis Plants are happy to take care of for you so that you can sit back and enjoy the positives of your refreshed, green environment.