Integrating Nature into Commercial Interior Design: The Rise of Office Plants in Manchester
In commercial interior design, integrating natural elements has always combined functionality and aesthetics. Among these elements, office plants are pivotal, especially in urban hubs like Manchester, Leeds, and Newcastle.
The Science Behind Plants in Commercial Spaces
Scientifically proven studies highlight the multifaceted benefits of incorporating plants into commercial spaces. Beyond their visual appeal, plants contribute to improved air quality, reduced ambient noise, and enhanced well-being of the occupants. Understanding the impact of these green additions is paramount for professionals in the commercial interior design sector.
Biophilic Design: More Than Just A Trend
Biophilic design, which emphasises the human connection to nature, is not a fleeting trend but a fundamental shift in how spaces are conceptualised. In cities like Manchester, where commercial establishments are abundant, biophilic design offers a refreshing juxtaposition of urban architecture with elements of nature.
Office Plants: A Strategic Design Choice
For commercial interior designers, choosing office plants goes beyond aesthetics. It’s about:
- Space Optimisation: Plants can be used to provide zoning areas, create privacy, or add depth to open spaces.
- Improved Well-being: Greenery has been tested to reduce stress and elevate mood, which is crucial for workplaces aiming for optimal productivity.
- Branding and Image: A well-designed space with strategic plant placements can enhance a company’s image, reflecting its commitment to employee well-being and environmental consciousness.
Oasis Plants: Pioneering Green Spaces in Commercial Interior Design
How Oasis Plants help deliver office plants in Manchester:
- Living Walls: These vertical gardens are a testament to the seamless integration of nature and architecture. They rejuvenate any space and serve as a focal point, drawing attention and admiration.
- Artificial Green Walls: Perfect for spaces where regular maintenance might be challenging, these walls offer the beauty of nature without the upkeep, ensuring a green aesthetic year-round.
- Moss Walls: An innovative design element, moss walls require no soil or watering. They bring a unique texture and a touch of nature indoors, making them a favourite among modern designers.
- Exterior Hedges & Troughs: Enhancing outdoor spaces, these solutions provide both aesthetics and functionality, delineating spaces or offering privacy.
- Plant Rental & Maintenance: Oasis Plants offers plant rental options coupled with maintenance services for businesses seeking flexibility, ensuring the greenery remains fresh and vibrant.
Types of Plants Ideal for Commercial Spaces:
- Foliage Plants: These are primarily chosen for their lush leaves rather than flowers. Examples include the Snake Plant, Pothos, and ZZ Plant. They add a touch of greenery and have air-purifying properties.
- Flowering Plants: While they require more care, flowering plants like Orchids or Peace Lilies can add colour to interiors.
- Succulents & Cacti: Perfect for modern office spaces, these plants are low-maintenance and add a contemporary touch.
- Tall Plants: Plants like the Rubber Plant or Fiddle Leaf Fig can grow quite tall and are ideal for spacious offices or to create focal points.
Integrating plants into commercial interior design enhances aesthetics and offers numerous benefits, such as improved air quality, reduced stress, and increased productivity. For professionals in the sector, collaborating with experts like Oasis Plants ensures that spaces are beautiful, functional, and beneficial for the occupants.
Common Office Plants for Commercial Interior Design
- Snake Plant (Sansevieria): Known for its tall, upright leaves, the snake plant is a favourite for its low maintenance requirements and ability to purify the air.
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum): With its trailing vines and heart-shaped leaves, pothos is versatile and can be placed on shelves or hung from the ceiling.
- ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia): Recognized for its glossy, dark green leaves, the ZZ plant is drought-tolerant and thrives in low light conditions.
- Rubber Plant (Ficus elastica): A statement piece with large, shiny leaves, the rubber plant can grow tall, making it ideal for spacious offices.
- Ferns: These plants add a touch of delicacy with their feathery fronds and thrive in indirect light.
Oasis Plants: Your Green Partner in Manchester
At Oasis Plants, we are passionate about creating plant features that elevate your space, business, or brand. With over 20 years of experience, we are the experts in enhancing any industry or location using the wonders of nature. Whether you’re looking for indoor plants, green walls, or bespoke plant designs, our team is here to help.